WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University's Board of Trustees on Friday (July 19) approved several academic changes at Purdue University Calumet.
The board approved changing the name and moving the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management. Members also voted to merge the Department of Information Systems and the Department of Finance and Economics and to change the name of all academic units from schools to colleges.
The name of the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management will be changed to the White Lodging School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and move to the College of Business. Purdue Calumet Chancellor Thomas Keon said the department's faculty unanimously voted to approve the changes earlier this year.
The new Department of Information Systems, Finance and Business Analytics will combine relevant disciplines into one department in the College of Business, Keon said.
"The reorganization allows more opportunities for collaboration and program updates consistent with university goals and with industry needs," Keon said. "This is especially relevant as employers of our students are calling for database management and business analysis skills."
Keon said changing the names of schools to colleges is to be consistent with other Purdue system campuses. The name changes include:
* School of Management to College of Business
* School of Education to College of Education
* School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science to College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science
* School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences to College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
* School of Nursing to College of Nursing
* School of Technology to College of Technology
# # #