Region-News-Team-White-Logo

Friday Fire in Valpo Deemed Accidental, Family Displaced

Share this post

Fire officials say one family was displaced by a fire Friday evening in Valparaiso, at the corner of Jefferson and Lafayette. Valparaiso Assistant Fire Chief Dan Lamb says they received the call at 5:09pm, and were on-scene until about 1am Saturday morning. Lamb says they believe the fire, which has been deemed accidental, started in the wall of the 3rd floor of the building, and was caused due by a heat-gun being used on the outside of the building to strip paint off the wall.
Assistant Chief Lamb says there was a lot of water damage throughout the Victorian-era structure that dates back to the late 18-hundreds, and which houses the “Needle and Thread” store on the first floor, and apartments on the 2nd and 3rd. No injuries were reported.
# # #


Meet-The-Team-white

Laura-WXRD Scott-WXRD Brent-WXRD
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WXRD Karl-WXRD Annie-WXRD
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast-white

Flash is not supported on this device. If you wish to listen to this audio, you must download and play an mp3 using an mp3 player on your device. CLICK HERE