220 vehicles were stopped, three people arrested for operating while intoxicated, and one wanted person was also arrested as a result of Saturday evening's sobriety checkpoint, conducted by the LaPorte County D-U-I Task Force. Authorities say the checkpoint was held along Franklin Street, in Michigan City. Deputies and officers reported receiving some positive feedback and public support from those brought through the checkpoint.
The results of the sobriety checkpoint are the following:
- 220 vehicles stopped briefly at the sobriety checkpoint
- 1 operating while intoxicated arrest
- 1 wanted person arrested
- 1 driving while suspended (prior violation) summons issued
- 1 driving while suspended (infraction) citation issued
- 1 license violation citation issued
- 1 license violation warning issued
“Operation Pull-Over Blitz” campaigns in Lake, Porter, and LaPorte Counties continue through March 24th.
# # #