Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
(Photos Courtesy of Community Hospital)
Community Hospital in Munster has once again been recognized as one of America's 50 best hospitals by Healthgrades, making it the only hospital in Indiana to achieve this distinction six-years in a row. Community Hospital Chief Executive Officer Don Flesko says, “this achievement is a testament to the systems we have in place, and the doctors and healthcare professionals who put quality and excellence in patient-first care...it demonstrates to the community we serve that we are focused on the things that matter most to our people.” Healthgrades distinction is based solely on clinical outcomes, and each year only one-percent of the nearly 45-hundred hospitals evaluated across the nation annually qualify for this achievement.
Other distinctions that Community Hospital has recently received from Healthgrades include:
· Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence®, 2004-2013
· Only hospital in Northwest Indiana among America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ and for Cardiac Surgery™, 2012 and 2013
· Top 5% in the nation for Women’s Health, 2012
· Top 10% in the nation for Treatment of Stroke, 2012
· Top 10% in the nation for Gastrointestinal (GI) services, 2012
· Top 10% in the nation for the Outstanding Patient Experience three years in a row: 2010, 2011 and 2012
# # #