Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller's March Against Hunger food drive competition generated just over 49-thousand dollars and a little more than 81-hundred pounds of food for the state's food banks this year. The 6th annual competition was between 43 participating law and nonprofit groups from Indiana and Kentucky and a Lake County law firm was one of the six division winners. Burke, Costanza and Carberry LLP in Merrillville collected almost 16-hundred pounds of food and just over 41-hundred dollars in monetary donations and will receive the Attorney General's Cup as winner of the Large Division.
Since 2009, the march Against Hunger food drive competition has generated over 52-thousand pounds of food and over 231-thousand dollars for Indiana's regional food banks.
Winners from all six divisions will receive a trophy known as the “Attorney General’s Cup” for collecting the most donations including:
- Extra Large Division – Barnes & Thornburg LLP (Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend, Elkhart) – 665 pounds of food and $15,218.93 in monetary donations
- Large Division – Burke Costanza & Carberry LLP (Merrillville) – 1,569 pounds of food and $4,121 in monetary donations
- Medium Division – Wilkinson Goeller Modesitt Wilkinson & Drummy LLP (Terre Haute) – $2,400 in monetary donations
- Small Division – Tuesley Hall Konopa LLP (South Bend) – 95 pounds of food and $1,150 in monetary donations
- Sole Proprietor – Steven Douglas Law Office (Elletsville) – $1,410 in monetary donations
- Public/Non-Profit – Vanderburgh County Prosecutor’s Office (Evansville) – 2,095 pounds of food and $5,000 in monetary donations.